Friday, May 8, 2009

Car boot sales

I saw on the news the other day that car boot sales are on the rise due to credit-crunch buyers looking for a bargain. After hearing a story about a man who bought a teapot at a car boot sale and sold it at Christies for £27,000 I am tempted to become a car boot sale fan!!

I love vintage stores and second-hand furniture shops so I think car boot sales could be my kind of thing! I always love finding old and interesting pieces of furniture, homeware or glassware - I think it really adds something unique to your home. Old furniture tends to have been made with much more care and attention to detail than some of the highstreet items which have been mass-produced in Asia. I feel a home should have individuality after all it's your chance to showcase your tastes, travel finds and personality.

Right, time to find my big bucks teapot...!

To find your nearest car boot sale, click here

1 comment:

Patchwork Harmony said...

such a great site, you'd never have thought there were so many around the London area...