Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fresh eggs on your doorstep!

My parents always used to keep hens when I was young. I used to love collecting the warm eggs after they had just been laid, then watching my mum whip up a lovely fresh omelette!

Although I always buy organic free-range eggs, you just can't beat the taste of fresh eggs that have been laid in your own back garden. So I started to look into keeping hens again. However, living in a flat in London with a small garden means there are a number of challenges...

That is until I came across the fantastic range of Omlet hen hutches. Designed specifically to house from 2-10 hens in an urban garden. The designs are fantastic: bright, modern, easy to clean and safe, the eglu has been designed together with leading animal experts to be an ideal habitat for your hens and an attractive addition to your garden. f
Plus, if you are thinking of keeping chickens for the first time then the Omlet team have all the experience to help you get started! They can deliver the eglu and lovely, organically fed chickens direct to your garden so you'll be collecting extraordinarily tasty eggs in no time. Fantastic!

Available in 5 lovely colours too.

As Omlet states "We designed the eglu for the town garden, the first time chicken owner, the family and the eco-savvy individual. We wanted it to be as easy as looking after a goldfish but more rewarding than owning a dog (you get eggs with chickens!)"

Unfortunately our post-stamp garden isn't large enough (a min of 6 metres by 8 metres of grass is needed) but when we next move (to hopefully a place with a larger garden) the Eglu will be top of my list!

1 comment:

Quail said...

My garden isn't quite big enough for one of these either--shame! I buy local, organic and free range eggs instead. I can however grow courgettes, loads of herbs and rocket salad.