Sunday, October 12, 2008

Untouched World

I feel ethical fashion still has a slight ‘hippy’ stigma attached. However, the range of ethical clothing brands are growing rapidly and some of my favourites include Ciel, Howies, Eco-boudoir and Noir (the latter though is a little out of my price range!).

However, whilst reading one of my favourite magazines Healthy and Organic, I was pleased to come across a fashion website I previously hadn’t seen Untouched World. Apparently it was the world’s first fashion company to be recognised by the United Nations.Looking round the site, they have some lovely items ranging from everyday wear, yoga wear and evening wear.
They say “Untouched World™ is an ethical lifestyle fashion brand based on the New Zealand lifestyle. It grew out of a desire to create a positive, sustainable future. Social, cultural and environmental sustainability is built deep within the DNA of Untouched World™. We believe you don’t have to give up quality, luxury and great design to be good to the planet and look after its people. We design ethical luxury fashion without compromising performance and style”

Great philosophy!

I think I know what I’ll be asking for Christmas now…!

No comments: