Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Walking the talk

Whilst browsing the aisles of Topshop the other day, I came across some lovely shoes which will be perfect for the summer (whenever the sun comes out, that is). Then when I researched the company further, I found out my lovely summer shoes are in fact from a fantastic ethical company. Toms Shoes (www.tomsshoes.com) was established by Blake Mycoskie in March 2006, following a trip to Argentina when he decided to do something to help the disadvantaged, barefoot kids he had seen running around. He launched ‘Shoes for Tomorrow’ whereby for every pair of shoes sold, a free pair of shoes will be donated to a disadvantaged child. After just 8 months, Blake was back in Argentina handing out 10,000 free pairs. A year later he was in South Africa handing out 50,000 pairs.


Biome Lifestyle loves the ethos and dedication behind Toms Shoes. I adore buying shoes but now I can buy a pair in the knowledge a child will be given a free pair of shoes courtesy of my purchase! How very kind of me! Ethical shopping, what could be better?!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Great!! I also got a pair of Toms shoes for this summer from Amazon.